Monday, April 21, 2014

Here We Go!

A charming fellow in a wide-brimmed red hat strums a few chords on his six-string and begins to spin a tale...


 Hello there friend, I'm throwing in with all the other blogs inspired by the great one, The Crpg Addict. However, there will be differences! I'm going to focus a lot on composing (hopefully) entertaining descriptions, or "tales", of events in the game and embellishments I come up with. Essentially, to enhance my game experience, I want to put some extra "RP" in "role-playing game."
I was going to put a pic of the Wizard Works collection here, but I saw this first, and I really like it. http://neoartcore.deviantart.com/art/Wizard-304045273


  As with countless others out there, I've had in the back of my mind for YEARS (Essentially since I purchased the WIZWORKS CD in... '95 or something) that I wanted to complete all 9 Gold Box games, using partys created in the first game of each series and transferred through. I've started numerous times. I've even made it from Pool of Radiance to Pools of Darkness twice before burning out. I've made it to the last boss of Dark Queen of Krynn once (maybe twice?) before getting distracted by something else. I've yet to complete the last game in each series. I wouldn't be surprised if I've played through POR 10 times now. That one never gets old though, it's just that good! So, a big part of this blog is to enhance the experience of playing these games, to make it a little more imaginative and less of a slog fest by the time I get to Pools and DQK.


I've definitely played FF II (US) and FF IV of various versions at least 10 times. Has not gotten old.

  Now, I wouldn't stop there,  because my imagination knows no bounds. I have ALSO had in the back of my mind to complete all of the Final Fantasy games in order with 100% completion... so, we're going to do that, too! Along with some storyline, analysis, and especially a look at themes, items, spells and monsters throughout. Over the years I've dropped the 100% completion requirement, because that's like a lifetime of playing pretty much.



  From there it's Infinity Engine, Elder Scrolls, Ultima, Dark Souls, Sakura Wars, Seiken Densetsu... who knows! Oh yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to forget to do Hillsfar, so I need to just say it a lot. Hillsfar, Hillsfar... Hillsfar.

  I don't want this to be a chore, so I'm not setting up any lists or timelines. I may spin tales about any games I'm playing, including non-rpgs and even pen and paper games.  I'm going to jump around as I see fit to keep things fresh. I'm actually starting with TWO remakes of the original Neverwinter Nights!

So sit back, grab your favorite beverage, and enjoy THIS Bard's Tales!

No comments:

Post a Comment