Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Community Building and Gil

Trickster over at The Adventure Gamer has a neat system to reward those who frequent his site with Companion Assist Points or "CAPs". I've been contemplating doing something similar myself to encourage participation here at This Bard's Tales.

(Updated 12/3/2015)
Here we'll be using "Gil", the ubiquitous currency of the Final Fantasy games. To start out, a community member (this is anyone who wants to participate... you don't need to be a registered member) may spend 50Gil to add any game to my playlist. A member may also spend 200Gil to move any game on my playlist up the list so that I will play it next (This is, of course, contingent on me being to able to procure a playable copy). So, for a total of 250Gil a member may both add a game and make me play it next all in one fell swoop.
Apparently you can actually see Gil coins in Final Fantasy 10, although I have little idea where. (Update: It's probably during "Gil Toss", didn't think about that)

So how do I earn Gil you say? Good question. Here's where we will start:

Any member will receive 5Gil for their first comment.
Any member will receive 1Gil for each comment they, thoughtfully, post. (In other words, legit comments will earn Gil, no shameful Gil grabs by just posting nonsense.)

In posts I occasionally put in cultural references and homages, if you're the first to notice any particular one, you get 5Gil!

As a note to myself, I'm awarding myself Gil at the rate of 2 Gil per post, and 5 Gil per rankings post. I haven't posted my play order yet, but I will sometime. I already plan to use my first 200 on Planescape: Torment!

There will be a leader board ranked by total Gil earned that will show also remaining Gil to spent seperately, muchs Trickster has with the CAPs.

So that's where we'll start, and I hope this jump starts the "community" a bit from This Bard's Tales.

Thank you, your humble entertainer,
~~This Bard

No comments:

Post a Comment